Suche
Häufig gestellte Fragen
Regeln
Galerie
Zur Startseite

Sudoku
Hangman
Chat

EWE · Foren » Lifestyle » Talk in English - The English Board » Books » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (4): « erste ... « vorherige 2 3 [4] Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen Books
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »

memedai memedai ist männlich
Erstklässler

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 3.730 Euro
Kontonummer: 2820
Gästebuch: aktiviert
Herkunftsort: NRW

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Yeah it's true but sometimes I have problems to understand the original voices because of the accent or the voice itself.
21.06.2006 18:43 memedai ist offline E-Mail an memedai senden Beiträge von memedai suchen Nehmen Sie memedai in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Sandra Sandra ist weiblich
Sprechender Hut

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 2.059 Euro
Kontonummer: 3276
Herkunftsort: Landquart, Schweiz

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

When I was younger, I tried to read Harry Potter and the philosophers stone, but my English wasn`t that good, so I gave it up. Augenzwinkern
But this summer, when I will have a lot of free time, I`m going to read the books in English.

I`ve already read "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen (simplified version) and I really enjoyed it. I`d like to read more of her books..
Today I was looking for some good English books in the library, and I borrowed "The red pony" by John Steinbeck and "I heard the owl call my name" by Margaret Craven. Sounds quite interesting, I`m looking forward to read them.
22.06.2006 18:55 Sandra ist offline E-Mail an Sandra senden Beiträge von Sandra suchen Nehmen Sie Sandra in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Bird of prey Bird of prey ist weiblich
Orden des Phoenix

images/avatars/avatar-1942.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 25.899 Euro
Kontonummer: 677
Herkunftsort: Grenze zu Hamburg

At the moment I read "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown. I can't understand every single word, but that isn't the most important aspect. After a while im going to improve my English and get better.(I'm pretty sure)
Once I tried to read Shakespeare, but I wasn't ready for this. The book "The man and the sea" is boring! In Canada the grade 11 students had to read it. Well - the grade 6 students had to read "A diary of a young girl" by Anne Frank!

10.08.2006 23:06 Bird of prey ist offline E-Mail an Bird of prey senden Homepage von Bird of prey Beiträge von Bird of prey suchen Nehmen Sie Bird of prey in Ihre Freundesliste auf

UnderTheBridge UnderTheBridge ist weiblich

images/avatars/avatar-9951.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 15.685 Euro
Kontonummer: 3218
Herkunftsort: Basel

i read english books all the time and i love the harry potter books in english because it's the real thing.
my favorite books in english are:

-noughts and crosses
-the girl with the pearl earring
-the clique series XD
-and, of course, the harry potter series
14.10.2006 16:49 UnderTheBridge ist offline E-Mail an UnderTheBridge senden Homepage von UnderTheBridge Beiträge von UnderTheBridge suchen Nehmen Sie UnderTheBridge in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Orden des Phoenix

[meine Galerie]

"Murder List" by Julie Garwood is a cute book. It's kind of a crime... I really enjoyed reading it, cause it's easy to understand and you can identify with the principal characters. Just try it!

22.10.2006 17:20 Bird of prey ist offline E-Mail an Bird of prey senden Homepage von Bird of prey Beiträge von Bird of prey suchen Nehmen Sie Bird of prey in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Anika(n) Anika(n) ist weiblich
Zauberministeriumsarbeiter

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 15.965 Euro
Kontonummer: 1325

I really like to read english books
I´ve already read
Harry Potter 6 (of course Augenzwinkern
The Body ~ Stephen King
Romeo and Juliet ~ William Shakespeare
The Taming of the Shrew~ Shakespeare
A midsummer night´s dream ~ Shakespeare
but I´ve read the Shakespeare books in bilingually
german- english
i first read in english the site and than in german
14.12.2006 14:32 Anika(n) ist offline E-Mail an Anika(n) senden Beiträge von Anika(n) suchen Nehmen Sie Anika(n) in Ihre Freundesliste auf

EmFan EmFan ist männlich
UTZ- Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-11023.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 7.221 Euro
Kontonummer: 4684
Herkunftsort: Deutschland

i just read hp 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 in english... if i began reading, it's so difficult every time, but then... yeah, i must read more engish books, i think...

greetings to Hermy93 und emma watson fan!!!
16.07.2007 15:20 EmFan ist offline Beiträge von EmFan suchen Nehmen Sie EmFan in Ihre Freundesliste auf

quaffel quaffel ist weiblich
Erstklässler

images/avatars/avatar-11611.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 6.435 Euro
Kontonummer: 4229
Herkunftsort: Österreich >Klagenfurt

oh i just love reading books in english as wwell as watching films in english.
in my opinion it is just better, ´cause if i am reading in english i forget everything around me. thats because the english language is so familiar to me but it is also a bit foreign and it takes me on journeys while i am reading.

for everyone who wants to improve his or hers english:

My left foot by christie brown would probably be the right choice.

or for the ones who are really advanced:

The brave new world by aldoux huxley

this one is really difficult in the beginning but it gets easier after the first 4 chapters. it is really good though.

Well then I'm so sorry

31.07.2007 12:57 quaffel ist offline E-Mail an quaffel senden Homepage von quaffel Beiträge von quaffel suchen Nehmen Sie quaffel in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Orden des Phoenix

[meine Galerie]

"Big mouth & ugly girl" by Joyce Carol Oates
I had to buy it over the summer holidays for English classes and already read it, because I love reading, especially English books. Well - it's a sweet novel, but I don't think that it's the 13th grade level.
It's easy to understand and tells us the story of a boy accused to blow up the school and cause a second Collumbine. A girl fights for him,while all the others he called"friends" try not to get involved in the whole story - just for the record...

25.08.2007 14:24 Bird of prey ist offline E-Mail an Bird of prey senden Homepage von Bird of prey Beiträge von Bird of prey suchen Nehmen Sie Bird of prey in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Miss Emma Miss Emma ist weiblich
ZAG- Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-9791.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 5.688 Euro
Kontonummer: 1095
Herkunftsort: Schweiz/Aargau/Wohle n

i love reading books in english because it's a good way to learn new words and become a feeling from the language. but i'm not very good in english, i only have school-english .. but i readed hp 1-7 all three times in german so i can read them now in english. that's really useful i think and i love that. i readed hp 3 and 4 in english and i'm gonna finish hp 5 in the next days.
(i'm sorry if my english isn't correct.. i know i make very many mistakes lautes Lachen )

lg....miss emma

PS: Meine Gedichte ua. findet ihr unter:~*~klick~*~

19.01.2008 16:31 Miss Emma ist offline E-Mail an Miss Emma senden Beiträge von Miss Emma suchen Nehmen Sie Miss Emma in Ihre Freundesliste auf

quaffel quaffel ist weiblich
Erstklässler

images/avatars/avatar-11611.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 6.435 Euro
Kontonummer: 4229
Herkunftsort: Österreich >Klagenfurt

I am reading "The Smoke Jumper" by Nicolas Evans at the moment.
Great book! Can recommend it to everyone who is after an easy read full of adventure and love.

I've read all books from the Twilight-Saga in a month or so (notify that it was during school ^^) and totally fell in love with the caracters and the storyline.

I am currently also re-reading "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen and starting to read "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte.

If you are intrested in good literature and want to share your thoughts with a broad community of ardent readers, go to SHELFARI.

Well then I'm so sorry

21.03.2009 18:18 quaffel ist offline E-Mail an quaffel senden Homepage von quaffel Beiträge von quaffel suchen Nehmen Sie quaffel in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Ileina   Zeige Ileina auf Karte Ileina ist weiblich
Erstklässler

images/avatars/avatar-10936.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 2.998 Euro
Kontonummer: 1652

-

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Ileina: 21.11.2012 13:04.

07.05.2009 20:24 Ileina ist offline E-Mail an Ileina senden Beiträge von Ileina suchen Nehmen Sie Ileina in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Fabunoptu   Zeige Fabunoptu auf Karte Fabunoptu ist männlich
frei oder glücklich?

images/avatars/avatar-11645.gif

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 38.270 Euro
Kontonummer: 1145
Herkunftsort: Tief im Westen ...

When my father has finished reading I'm looking forward to Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson - some award winning science fiction in the closer future.

Betonschönheit!

Precisa comprar arroz e flores;
Arroz para viver e flores para tem pelo que viver.

Liberdade acima de tudo
[Charlie Brown Jr.]

11.05.2009 16:19 Fabunoptu ist offline E-Mail an Fabunoptu senden Homepage von Fabunoptu Beiträge von Fabunoptu suchen Nehmen Sie Fabunoptu in Ihre Freundesliste auf

whatever. whatever. ist weiblich
Squib

images/avatars/avatar-11525.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 510 Euro
Kontonummer: 5660

I already read Harry Potter 3-6, PS I love you, Romeo & Juliet, Twilight & New Moon in english. Now I'm looking forward to Eclipse.

Romeo & Juliet was very difficult because it's in 'old-english'. but it was always written in english on the left side & in german on the right side.

14.07.2009 14:26 whatever. ist offline Beiträge von whatever. suchen Nehmen Sie whatever. in Ihre Freundesliste auf

frei oder glücklich?

[meine Galerie]

Zitat:
Original von whatever.
Romeo & Juliet was very difficult because it's in 'old-english'. but it was always written in english on the left side & in german on the right side.

I got stuck halfway through Hamlet ... to get a grip to the story I had to concentrate too hard to use it as a relaxing activity. So I just stopped some time and haven't continued yet, for my head is near to exploding often enough thanks to studying.

Betonschönheit!

Liberdade acima de tudo
[Charlie Brown Jr.]

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Fabunoptu: 18.07.2009 17:45.

18.07.2009 17:45 Fabunoptu ist offline E-Mail an Fabunoptu senden Homepage von Fabunoptu Beiträge von Fabunoptu suchen Nehmen Sie Fabunoptu in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Orden des Phoenix

[meine Galerie]

A couple of weeks ago I read "The Eight" by Katherine Neville, which is quite entertaining, although the ending didn't satisfy me. I guess chess players would love it!

On Friday I finished reading "Predator" by Patricia Cornwall, which was great, because I needed the vocabulary I have to study at school for pharmaceutical-technical-assistants.

"The Name of the wind" by Pat Rothfuss is defenetly my favourite book so far. Pats blog is also very entertaining!

22.02.2010 20:50 Bird of prey ist offline E-Mail an Bird of prey senden Homepage von Bird of prey Beiträge von Bird of prey suchen Nehmen Sie Bird of prey in Ihre Freundesliste auf

frei oder glücklich?

[meine Galerie]

I'd like to recommend Oscar Wilde's 'The Importance Of Being Earnest' - although I guess one can simply recommend the whole work of him. Nevertheless, it was a short and very entertaining play, full of the many bonmots Wilde is famous for - and they're even better read in context!

For the interested, I got it on amazon for about 1€: The Importance Of Being Earnest

Betonschönheit!

Liberdade acima de tudo
[Charlie Brown Jr.]

23.02.2010 08:07 Fabunoptu ist offline E-Mail an Fabunoptu senden Homepage von Fabunoptu Beiträge von Fabunoptu suchen Nehmen Sie Fabunoptu in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Orden des Phoenix

[meine Galerie]

I read "An abundance of Katherines" by John Green, which is an amusing coming-of-age novel. It's entertaining and easy to understand...

11.04.2010 14:24 Bird of prey ist offline E-Mail an Bird of prey senden Homepage von Bird of prey Beiträge von Bird of prey suchen Nehmen Sie Bird of prey in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Seiten (4): « erste ... « vorherige 2 3 [4] Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
EWE · Foren » Lifestyle » Talk in English - The English Board » Books

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH Style by MyGEN24.com