Suche
Häufig gestellte Fragen
Regeln
Galerie
Zur Startseite

Sudoku
Hangman
Chat

EWE · Foren » Lifestyle » Talk in English - The English Board » Books » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (4): [1] 2 3 nächste » ... letzte » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen Books
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »

Denkmal Denkmal ist weiblich
Zauberministeriumsarbeiter

images/avatars/avatar-968.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 15.634 Euro
Kontonummer: 834
Gästebuch: aktiviert

Books Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hy!!

We have talked in the "English at School" Thread about books so I thought a own thread would be a good idea!
Do you often read books in English?
What books have you read in English?
Do you have problems?

I often read books in English! Atm I have to read "The Wave" for my English class, but I have already read it a year ago...
I have about 12 books in English in my bookshelf and most of them are classics (things like pride an prejudice) but I haven't got the time and the knowledge to read all of them yet!
Up to now I read Harry Potter 1, About A Boy, How to be Good and a many books I can't remember atm in English.
Normally I borrow the books from the library of my hometown. There are also many English books in the library of my school, but I haven't borrowed one of them yet, because I haven't got a library card (what is really strange, because I'm the fifth year in this school, but I haven't needed it until now...)

love
Monument

12.03.2005 11:32 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

*gilmore girl*

images/avatars/avatar-9490.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 15.919 Euro
Kontonummer: 991
Herkunftsort: Hell Yeah

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I like to read books in english smile )I read for instance the horsewhisperer, and of course Harry Potter and some other books. I also wanted to read the wave in english but then I thought it may would be better to buy it in german because I need it for the test, so...
Oh and I don't really have preoblems, sure, I don't understand every word but I think it's easy to read.....

x
greetz Augenzwinkern
12.03.2005 11:38 *gilmore girl* ist offline E-Mail an *gilmore girl* senden Beiträge von *gilmore girl* suchen Nehmen Sie *gilmore girl* in Ihre Freundesliste auf

muggeline muggeline ist weiblich
Supermoderatorin im Ruhestand^^

images/avatars/avatar-2362.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 31.542 Euro
Kontonummer: 229

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I don't read many books in English, in fact almost none. Augenzwinkern

In school we've never read an English book. In the 5th and 6th we "read" two, but these were acts, which we performed to our parents at Christmas-partys and stuff like that from our class... (our teacher always wanted them... -.-)

I've just read Harry Potter 1 in English. I've started to read Lord of the Rings, but it was quite complecated, so I gave it up fast. Augenzwinkern

A friend of mine and I (me?) have decide, that we'll read the 6th Harry Potter in english, so i think I'll do it. Augenzwinkern

12.03.2005 11:54 muggeline ist offline E-Mail an muggeline senden Beiträge von muggeline suchen Nehmen Sie muggeline in Ihre Freundesliste auf

*Lorelai*
fascination.

images/avatars/avatar-11361.png

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 29.298 Euro
Kontonummer: 1080
Herkunftsort: bloody london!

well I read HP (all books) in english, and some other books (the canterville ghost, it's so cute!) and a crime ... very cool! On a few pages it was very difficult .. but it works.

"i've watched you for days. you're everything a man could ever want. it's not just your face, your figure or your voice. it's your eyes. all the things i see in your eyes."
"what is it you see in my eyes?"
"i see a crazy calm. your're sick of running. you're ready to face what you have to face. but you don't wanna face it alone."
"no, i don't wanna face it alone."

12.03.2005 12:03 *Lorelai* ist offline E-Mail an *Lorelai* senden Beiträge von *Lorelai* suchen Nehmen Sie *Lorelai* in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Ape Ape ist weiblich
DA- Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-3205.gif

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 10.165 Euro
Kontonummer: 682

I sometimes read english books but I haven't got many and I'm too lazy to go to the library...
Here are the books I've read so far:

- Harry Potter 2 and 5
- slt School's cool
- slt Dating game
- Sweet 16 Wishes and Dreams
- Cloning Miranda
- King Arthur
- Jungle Love
- Love me blindly
- Girl with a Pearlearring
- Mary-Kate and Ashley - Our Story
- a lot of those little books for students
And at the moment I'm reading Sakrileg

I think I forgot some but I can't remember them right now...

In my opinion it's very important to read english books because it's the best way to learn the language.
12.03.2005 12:59 Ape ist offline Beiträge von Ape suchen Nehmen Sie Ape in Ihre Freundesliste auf

slipknothoerer
berühmter Zauberer

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 37.751 Euro
Kontonummer: 446

well, til now i read only some books in their respective (which means: english) language....

-animal farm
-some books by shakespeare, f. ex. much ado about nothing
-many books 'bout metal music and ice hockey.....
-the culture of fear
-downsize this

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von slipknothoerer: 12.03.2005 13:36.

12.03.2005 13:36 slipknothoerer ist offline Beiträge von slipknothoerer suchen Nehmen Sie slipknothoerer in Ihre Freundesliste auf

atina atina ist weiblich
UTZ- Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-4832.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 7.159 Euro
Kontonummer: 1003

... i love the book holes by lois sacher,... that's just so fantastic,.... i've read it in german and english,.... i think it's a very easy book,...

KeNnY, SuM 41, CoNvErSe, iPoDs, PaPa RoAcH, 3 FeEt SmAlLeR, GrEeN dAy, BlInK- 182, ThE OfFsPring... FoReVer

*gilmore girl*, Ms. Witch, Mrs. Granger, phoenix, Cora, Rauschi .... und alle aus der Avril Lavigne Benutzergruppe,..... hab euch alle ganz lieb!!!
12.03.2005 13:49 atina ist offline E-Mail an atina senden Beiträge von atina suchen Nehmen Sie atina in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

Themenstarter Thema begonnen von Denkmal

@muggeline really?? You don't read books? I can't imagine this situation...The Wave is the second book we read this year and last lesson was a "what do you think about the english lessons?" lesson and Sabrina said that she wanted to read more books! Pfanner told us that we would read one if we had enough time to do so, because normally you read two books in the 5th (and also in the 6th) class!

12.03.2005 16:32 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Wolke Wolke ist weiblich
Orden des Phoenix

images/avatars/avatar-1655.gif

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 20.747 Euro
Kontonummer: 873

i really want to read more books in english but if i read a book in english i really have to concentrate on it and so i often prefer german ones.
the last english book i read was:

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

it was so funny, i loved it. and there are i think 5 other books by this author which deal with mma ramotswe (the lad who opens the detective agency in africa)

the next book i'll read in english is "p.s. i love you". i think some of you might have heard of it.
12.03.2005 17:14 Wolke ist offline E-Mail an Wolke senden Homepage von Wolke Beiträge von Wolke suchen Nehmen Sie Wolke in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Larissa Larissa ist weiblich
berühmter Zauberer

images/avatars/avatar-3430.gif

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 31.417 Euro
Kontonummer: 936
Herkunftsort: Köln

I have only read the fith Harry Potter book in english. It was very godd and when i read the german i know everything. if the sixth come out i want to read it in english, too. I don´t have any problems to read english books.^^

EmmLady, Lucy, Cora, nina, rupert-chick, Feuerblitz 7, Mr.Spuck, Emma Charlotte Watson, Ms.Witch, SiriusGreatestFan, Phoenix, rupert_4_ever, EmmaWatsonFan, Miss Emma hab euch lieb!
12.03.2005 18:03 Larissa ist offline E-Mail an Larissa senden Homepage von Larissa Beiträge von Larissa suchen Nehmen Sie Larissa in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Lux Lux ist weiblich

images/avatars/avatar-9190.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 19.627 Euro
Kontonummer: 1037
Herkunftsort: Köln.

I read not so often english books. I read more english magazines... But I have read all the HP books and the Wave an Virgin suicides...

I could forget about everything.

12.03.2005 21:42 Lux ist offline E-Mail an Lux senden Beiträge von Lux suchen Nehmen Sie Lux in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Wolke Wolke ist weiblich
Orden des Phoenix

[meine Galerie]

i have the virgin suicides, too. but my mom told me, the book depressed her so i still haven't read it. lautes Lachen
13.03.2005 02:21 Wolke ist offline E-Mail an Wolke senden Homepage von Wolke Beiträge von Wolke suchen Nehmen Sie Wolke in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

@Wolke Yeah, my German teacher told me I should read it, because I wanted to make a presentation about suicide last year. This book is really strange and sad, but it is a good book, try to read it!

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Denkmal: 13.03.2005 09:16.

13.03.2005 09:16 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Papillon Papillon ist weiblich
La Mariquita

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 27.472 Euro
Kontonummer: 493
Herkunftsort: Österreich

I read Harry Potter I, II, III and IV. I think they are quite easy to understand.
I also read several horse books and stories, my teacher had given me.

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Papillon: 21.03.2005 21:14.

21.03.2005 21:14 Papillon ist offline E-Mail an Papillon senden Homepage von Papillon Beiträge von Papillon suchen Nehmen Sie Papillon in Ihre Freundesliste auf

*gilmore girl*

[meine Galerie]

Now I'm reading Shakespeare's Macbeth and it' s not that easy like Harry Potter*g*but I understand it qutite good....

lg Augenzwinkern
21.03.2005 21:48 *gilmore girl* ist offline E-Mail an *gilmore girl* senden Beiträge von *gilmore girl* suchen Nehmen Sie *gilmore girl* in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Wolke Wolke ist weiblich
Orden des Phoenix

[meine Galerie]

Zitat:
Original von *gilmore girl*
Now I'm reading Shakespeare's Macbeth and it' s not that easy like Harry Potter*g*but I understand it qutite good....

lg Augenzwinkern

after my easter vacation i have to read shakespeares richard the third. i'm not really looking forward to it. Nein, nein und nochmals nein!
22.03.2005 13:52 Wolke ist offline E-Mail an Wolke senden Homepage von Wolke Beiträge von Wolke suchen Nehmen Sie Wolke in Ihre Freundesliste auf

*gilmore girl*

[meine Galerie]

Zitat:
Original von Wolke
Zitat:
Original von *gilmore girl*

lg Augenzwinkern

after my easter vacation i have to read shakespeares richard the third. i'm not really looking forward to it. Nein, nein und nochmals nein!

Well, I think u will understand it, I mean when I understand it.....And I also think that Shakespeare is a quite good writer.... Genugtuung

greetz Augenzwinkern
22.03.2005 17:15 *gilmore girl* ist offline E-Mail an *gilmore girl* senden Beiträge von *gilmore girl* suchen Nehmen Sie *gilmore girl* in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

Have you ever heard about the rumors that all the books which are written by shakespeare aren't written by him? Apparent a wife wrote it, but that time women weren't allowed to do other things than looking after the kids and be the wife of her husband....

27.03.2005 21:30 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

*gilmore girl*

[meine Galerie]

Zitat:
Original von Denkmal
Have you ever heard about the rumors that all the books which are written by shakespeare aren't written by him? Apparent a wife wrote it, but that time women weren't allowed to do other things than looking after the kids and be the wife of her husband....

I read about that today lautes Lachen

greetz Augenzwinkern
29.03.2005 11:33 *gilmore girl* ist offline E-Mail an *gilmore girl* senden Beiträge von *gilmore girl* suchen Nehmen Sie *gilmore girl* in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

And what do you think about it? Do you think its true??

29.03.2005 13:23 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Seiten (4): [1] 2 3 nächste » ... letzte » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
EWE · Foren » Lifestyle » Talk in English - The English Board » Books

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH Style by MyGEN24.com