Suche
Häufig gestellte Fragen
Regeln
Galerie
Zur Startseite

Sudoku
Hangman
Chat

EWE · Foren » Lifestyle » Talk in English - The English Board » British English vs. American English » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (3): [1] 2 3 nächste » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen British English vs. American English 2 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 10,002 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 10,002 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 10,002 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 10,002 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 10,00
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »

Sir_MackenTire   Zeige Sir_MackenTire auf Karte Sir_MackenTire ist männlich
Admin und Auskunft ;)

images/avatars/avatar-11183.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 28.350 Euro
Kontonummer: 155
Gästebuch: aktiviert
Herkunftsort: Magdeburg, Germany

British English vs. American English Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

So, I always like that topic:

"What do you like more: British English or American English?"

Many Americans say that they are proud of their English and don't want the people to connect it with the British English!
They are totally separated from that opinion!

So, the main questions in that thread are:

"What English do you like more?"
and
"What do you think about the connection of the American English with the British English?"

So, let's get it started! Augenzwinkern

MCD/SMT

+ + + Viele Menschen wissen, dass sie unglücklich sind. Aber noch mehr Menschen wissen nicht, dass sie glücklich sind. + + +

07.03.2005 21:36 Sir_MackenTire ist offline E-Mail an Sir_MackenTire senden Homepage von Sir_MackenTire Beiträge von Sir_MackenTire suchen Nehmen Sie Sir_MackenTire in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Denkmal Denkmal ist weiblich
Zauberministeriumsarbeiter

images/avatars/avatar-968.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 15.634 Euro
Kontonummer: 834

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

My english teacher in the lower grade was an american so I learned more AE than BE, especially the american pronunciation! Before I was in England I disliked BE, but now I really like both!
But, I prefer the american notation, because of the z!

07.03.2005 21:44 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Carly   Zeige Carly auf Karte Carly ist weiblich
Golden Girl

images/avatars/avatar-851.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 31.812 Euro
Kontonummer: 768

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I love the American pronunciation!! lautes Lachen
At school we just learn the typical BE, but I don't like it very much. In my opinion AE sounds much better and it's easier to write. But in class tests we are just allowed to write BE orAE during the whole test. Sometimes it's a bit complicated, because I write most of the text in BE and suddenly only the American word come into my mind - it's annoying!

Zitat:
But, I prefer the American notation, because of the z!

Because of what?

Zitat:
"What do you think about the connection of the American English with the British English?"

Mhh I definetly think, these are the same languages with a few differences and it's stupid to argue, which language or pronunciation is better. Everybody has his own opinion and that's it.

Btw: Australian English sounds really kewl, too! smile )

Beginne damit, das
Nötige
zu tun. Dann tu das
Mögliche
und plötzlich schaffst du das
Unmögliche!

"Cause every wasted day
becomes a wasted chance...
You're gonna wake up feeling sorry
cause life won’t wait -
I guess it's up to you!"

Simple Plan
"Träume erfüllen sich manchmal. Illusionen sterben im Laufe der Zeit."
Karin Rohner

08.03.2005 13:14 Carly ist offline E-Mail an Carly senden Beiträge von Carly suchen Nehmen Sie Carly in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

Zitat:
Original von Carly
Zitat:
But, I prefer the American notation, because of the z!

Because of what?

In AE you use often a z instead of a s, e.g. BE localisation AE localization (every word which ends with -sation)

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Denkmal: 08.03.2005 14:49.

08.03.2005 14:46 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Carly   Zeige Carly auf Karte Carly ist weiblich
Golden Girl

images/avatars/avatar-851.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 31.812 Euro
Kontonummer: 768

Oh thanks, now I know, what you mean smile ) You're right, it's really useful smile

Beginne damit, das
Nötige
zu tun. Dann tu das
Mögliche
und plötzlich schaffst du das
Unmögliche!

"Cause every wasted day
becomes a wasted chance...
You're gonna wake up feeling sorry
cause life won’t wait -
I guess it's up to you!"

Simple Plan
"Träume erfüllen sich manchmal. Illusionen sterben im Laufe der Zeit."
Karin Rohner

08.03.2005 14:50 Carly ist offline E-Mail an Carly senden Beiträge von Carly suchen Nehmen Sie Carly in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

Zitat:
Original von Carly
Oh thanks, now I know, what you mean smile ) That's really useful smile

My English teacher told me that, before I hadn't got a clue too, but I thinks these differences are very interesting!

edit:
I found it here
Zitat:
Anthropologist Margaret Mead, who studied many cultures, observed "It has been a woman's task throughout history to go on believing in life when there was almost no hope." Feminist Gloria Steinem expressed what might be interpreted as a similar view in a somewhat different way. She theorized, "Women may be the one group that grows more radical with age."

also the words recognize, agonize, tantalize, antagonize and agnize (I'm looking for more)

Dieser Beitrag wurde 5 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Denkmal: 08.03.2005 16:57.

08.03.2005 14:54 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

slipknothoerer
berühmter Zauberer

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 37.751 Euro
Kontonummer: 446

well, i am a fighter for good old British English Augenzwinkern
i prefer it cuz from my point of view it sounds much better than this American language......

Edit by MCD:
You fight for good old Britih English and you use "cuz" in the next sentence???
hm... yeah that's clear Augen rollen : ^^
08.03.2005 22:07 slipknothoerer ist offline Beiträge von slipknothoerer suchen Nehmen Sie slipknothoerer in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Ape Ape ist weiblich
DA- Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-3205.gif

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 10.165 Euro
Kontonummer: 682

I can't tell what I like more. They both have good and bad qualities. GB for example sounds good in some regions. But far north and far south it's too extreme, you know what I mean...?
08.03.2005 22:30 Ape ist offline Beiträge von Ape suchen Nehmen Sie Ape in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

I watched the news yesterday and they showed something because of the charles-tit-happenings in Australia and a girl gave a comment about it, it sounded really kewl *lol*

09.03.2005 10:46 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Wolke Wolke ist weiblich
Orden des Phoenix

images/avatars/avatar-1655.gif

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 20.747 Euro
Kontonummer: 873

that is a very difficult question. i don't like ae because a lot of students think they are cool if they try to speak with the american accent. i think this sounds so stupid. and i don't like it because of bush.i don't like him and if he opens his mouth i always want to hit him. i know the language does not really deal with it, but it just annoys me. lautes Lachen

and the british englisch, i think if men speak with a real british accent it sounds gay. sorry for that.

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Wolke: 09.03.2005 10:58.

09.03.2005 10:57 Wolke ist offline E-Mail an Wolke senden Homepage von Wolke Beiträge von Wolke suchen Nehmen Sie Wolke in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

Zitat:
Original von Wolke
and the british englisch, i think if men speak with a real british accent it sounds gay. sorry for that.

Yeah, thats right!

But I think it sounds really kewl, if a bilingual who lives in GB talks English *lol*
Because my Englishteacher in England lived in Berlin for 5 years (from the age of 5 to 10) and before he lived in GB and now also. Sometimes he talked in german and it sounds really cute lautes Lachen

09.03.2005 11:10 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Ape Ape ist weiblich
DA- Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-3205.gif

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 10.165 Euro
Kontonummer: 682

Zitat:
Original von Denkmal
I watched the news yesterday and they showed something because of the charles-tit-happenings in Australia and a girl gave a comment about it, it sounded really kewl *lol*

Oh I love children speaking american english! It usually souds so awesome!
09.03.2005 13:41 Ape ist offline Beiträge von Ape suchen Nehmen Sie Ape in Ihre Freundesliste auf

tja.. tja.. ist männlich
DA- Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-7484.gif

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 11.225 Euro
Kontonummer: 343
Herkunftsort: Öpfelland

yeah children who speaks ae is really cute lautes Lachen

i learnd only the BE when i was in school but last summer i went to canada for about 3 weeks and there i learned a lot AE cause all my friends talked it ...in the first few days i didint understand really much but with a time if u know how it sounds u can understand it without any problems.

but i told them a fewwords they didnt know was really funny lautes Lachen and the have a nice expresion..: have to take a shit...i was really confused when i heard it the first time but now its clear...

to take a shitbreak is the hole sentence lautes Lachen and the laugehd about me if i said go to toilett lautes Lachen
oh really nice american word is : Crappy crap lautes Lachen i love this word or hella it means not reallly smth only like we say in german(mega., huere geil)

Hopp Schwiiz Hopp Schwiz - Halbfinal gegen Brasilien

11.03.2005 12:25 tja.. ist offline E-Mail an tja.. senden Beiträge von tja.. suchen Nehmen Sie tja.. in Ihre Freundesliste auf

*gilmore girl*

images/avatars/avatar-9490.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 15.919 Euro
Kontonummer: 991
Herkunftsort: Hell Yeah

Well, for me bri tish english is easier to understand, don't know but I like that better Genugtuung

x
greetz Augenzwinkern
12.03.2005 11:40 *gilmore girl* ist offline E-Mail an *gilmore girl* senden Beiträge von *gilmore girl* suchen Nehmen Sie *gilmore girl* in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Lux Lux ist weiblich

images/avatars/avatar-9190.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 19.627 Euro
Kontonummer: 1037
Herkunftsort: Köln.

For me is the Britsh english definitly better. I like it so much. I was in Englan and in the USA and for me it sound really better. The AE is for me not so interesting..I hope your understand what I mean..*löl*

I could forget about everything.

12.03.2005 21:49 Lux ist offline E-Mail an Lux senden Beiträge von Lux suchen Nehmen Sie Lux in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Wolke Wolke ist weiblich
Orden des Phoenix

images/avatars/avatar-1655.gif

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 20.747 Euro
Kontonummer: 873

i love it when little american girls sing the national anthem. it sounds so cute. smile )
ruthie at 7th heaven for example, or this little girl, curly sue. i think the film was called curly sue- ein lockenkopf sorgt für wirbel.
13.03.2005 02:23 Wolke ist offline E-Mail an Wolke senden Homepage von Wolke Beiträge von Wolke suchen Nehmen Sie Wolke in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Emma .C.D. Watson Fan Emma .C.D. Watson Fan ist weiblich
Orden des Phoenix

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 26.415 Euro
Kontonummer: 588
Herkunftsort: münchen

For me is american english better to learn, because i understand it better than british english smile )
but our english teacher is from england verwirrt

schatzüüüüüüüüüh!!!!!!!!
13.03.2005 12:34 Emma .C.D. Watson Fan ist offline Beiträge von Emma .C.D. Watson Fan suchen Nehmen Sie Emma .C.D. Watson Fan in Ihre Freundesliste auf

atina atina ist weiblich
UTZ- Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-4832.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 7.159 Euro
Kontonummer: 1003

... i think the american is better,.... but we have to learn the british one at school,...

... every week we have a student from england,.... and that's so,.... everybody doesn't want to speak anything because she speaks so perfect,....

... and i've tomorrwo english test,.... traurig

KeNnY, SuM 41, CoNvErSe, iPoDs, PaPa RoAcH, 3 FeEt SmAlLeR, GrEeN dAy, BlInK- 182, ThE OfFsPring... FoReVer

*gilmore girl*, Ms. Witch, Mrs. Granger, phoenix, Cora, Rauschi .... und alle aus der Avril Lavigne Benutzergruppe,..... hab euch alle ganz lieb!!!
13.03.2005 13:04 atina ist offline E-Mail an atina senden Beiträge von atina suchen Nehmen Sie atina in Ihre Freundesliste auf

*gilmore girl*

images/avatars/avatar-9490.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 15.919 Euro
Kontonummer: 991
Herkunftsort: Hell Yeah

Zitat:
Original von atina
... i think the american is better,.... but we have to learn the british one at school,...

... every week we have a student from england,.... and that's so,.... everybody doesn't want to speak anything because she speaks so perfect,....

... and i've tomorrwo english test,.... traurig

Well, I think you can't say that we learn british english at school because we are allowed to speak and write both......and I don't want this test tomorrow*cg*

greetz Augenzwinkern
13.03.2005 14:07 *gilmore girl* ist offline E-Mail an *gilmore girl* senden Beiträge von *gilmore girl* suchen Nehmen Sie *gilmore girl* in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

Zitat:
Original von atina

Really? Thats strange...
Sometimes (or rather rare) we have a native speaker in our english lessons, nearly everybody talks to her, it's a chance to talk to a native speaker and she is really, really nice

13.03.2005 14:09 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Seiten (3): [1] 2 3 nächste » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
EWE · Foren » Lifestyle » Talk in English - The English Board » British English vs. American English

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH Style by MyGEN24.com