Suche
Häufig gestellte Fragen
Regeln
Galerie
Zur Startseite

Sudoku
Hangman
Chat

EWE · Foren » Lifestyle » Talk in English - The English Board » US vs GB » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (3): [1] 2 3 nächste » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen US vs GB 2 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,002 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,002 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,002 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,00
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »

Denkmal Denkmal ist weiblich
Zauberministeriumsarbeiter

images/avatars/avatar-968.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 15.634 Euro
Kontonummer: 834
Gästebuch: aktiviert

US vs GB Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi!!

A friend of mine is a really great fan of the United States, but he dislikes GB. I think there doesn't exist a reason why, because he hasn't been to GB yet (but 2 times in America and this summer he is going to go again...)
Personally I can't say nothing, because I haven't been in the USA yet, "only" one time in GB and I really liked it!! Before I had been in GB I didn't like the accent of the british people (because my teacher is an american), but I noticed that it sounds well! And I'm going to go to GB this summer again!!

What do you thinkg about the United States and GB? Have you ever been to the US and/or to GB??

vs

love
Monument

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Denkmal: 07.03.2005 20:33.

07.03.2005 20:31 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Pebbels
UTZ- Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-6638.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 8.615 Euro
Kontonummer: 130

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I've been to america 4 times I think, and I have to say, that the country is wonderful. The animals,etc are just great!..but to the political aspect of america I don't want to say anything. It's just bad..I hate Bush :finger

I haven't already been to Gb, but I'll go there this saturday with my class. On Thursday we'll be back, and then I can tell you.

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Pebbels: 07.03.2005 20:38.

07.03.2005 20:37 Pebbels ist offline E-Mail an Pebbels senden Beiträge von Pebbels suchen Nehmen Sie Pebbels in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Ape Ape ist weiblich
DA- Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-3205.gif

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 10.165 Euro
Kontonummer: 682

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I can't really say something because I haven't been there yet, neither in the US nor in GB. In former times I hated the GB accent and loved the one of the US. But now I like them both.
But if I [were able to] choose where I [wanted] go I would choose the US I think.
07.03.2005 20:38 Ape ist offline Beiträge von Ape suchen Nehmen Sie Ape in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

Themenstarter Thema begonnen von Denkmal

@Pebbels 4 times?? Thats great!!
What will you do in GB, where will you go?

@Ape yeah me2, because I hear so much about the USA and the people there! I would like to see it myself to ask the people what they really think, what they think about their country, the politics of bush etc...

07.03.2005 20:42 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Pebbels
UTZ- Schüler

[meine Galerie]

I will live in a family [there], together with a friend. One time we'll visit London and Dover, I think. We can also go around on our own and go shopping, but there is everything too expensive^^ but I think I'll buy something for my family, as a present.

I'm very happy of going there, but the journey with the bus is so long. From 9 am to 6 pm..I think (9.00h-18.00h) Nein, nein und nochmals nein!

@Denkmal Do you want to talk to the people,then? When I was there, I didn't really get to know, how they felt about bush

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Pebbels: 07.03.2005 20:46.

07.03.2005 20:45 Pebbels ist offline E-Mail an Pebbels senden Beiträge von Pebbels suchen Nehmen Sie Pebbels in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Ape Ape ist weiblich
DA- Schüler

[meine Galerie]

Zitat:
Original von Denkmal
@Pebbels 4 times?? Thats great!!
What will you do in GB, where will you go?

@Ape yeah me2, because I hear so much about the USA and the people there! I would like to see it myself to ask the people what they really think, what they think about their country, the politics of bush etc...

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. And only going there would be so awesome for me though I don't really know why....
Best thing would be if I could go to San Francisco. I've heard and seen so much obout this town on televison and the Internet... It must be awesome there! And there is an apple-store in San Francisco!
And Chinatown... fröhlich )
07.03.2005 20:49 Ape ist offline Beiträge von Ape suchen Nehmen Sie Ape in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

@Pebbels Yeah, well, by buss, thats a really long way!
London is expensive, but e.g. the covent garden is good for shopping!

Definitely I want to live in a family when I go the first time to the US!

07.03.2005 20:49 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Pebbels
UTZ- Schüler

[meine Galerie]

Oh, now is see. I thaught you want to go camping there, like me^^

Yes, I think we'll go to covent garden,too.

07.03.2005 20:51 Pebbels ist offline E-Mail an Pebbels senden Beiträge von Pebbels suchen Nehmen Sie Pebbels in Ihre Freundesliste auf

muggeline muggeline ist weiblich
Supermoderatorin im Ruhestand^^

images/avatars/avatar-2362.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 31.542 Euro
Kontonummer: 229

I've been to America 7 years ago, 1998. We were there for a month. The first week, we stayed at friends of ours in New York. Then the flew to San Diego and stayed there about a week. Then we drovewith a car up north to San Francisco (with stops in between). There we were a few days again and in the end my dad had a conference in Monterey, where we were the last few days.
But that all I can't remember so good, because it's some time ago.

This year I'm going in the "Pfingst"-holidays to the US again. First my dad has a conference somewhere in Tennessee, where we are the first days, and than we fly to Florida.

In GB I've never been. But this year, I'm driving there with my class. This is in July, I think. We'll stay there for a week, somewhere near London (I can't remember exactly)
And our orchestra-teacher alwas tells us, that we'll go to Wales with the orchestra, but we all think, that we'll never arrive there... ^^ (last year, he told it, too... Augenzwinkern )

@Pebbles: you drive 4 days to England? Isn't it very short? We go there for 6 days, and that's not long...

07.03.2005 20:53 muggeline ist offline E-Mail an muggeline senden Beiträge von muggeline suchen Nehmen Sie muggeline in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Pebbels
UTZ- Schüler

[meine Galerie]

no, not days^^ 4 times, that meens, that I've been to America 4 times..when I was 5..8..10.and 11/12..I don't really know..I have to ask^^ we've been there for a month or 6 weeks..4 days are really too short^^

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Pebbels: 07.03.2005 20:57.

07.03.2005 20:57 Pebbels ist offline E-Mail an Pebbels senden Beiträge von Pebbels suchen Nehmen Sie Pebbels in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

Zitat:
Original von Pebbels

Sorry, I didn't get this sentence! What do you mean and do you mean thought?

@Ape I didn't know that Apple shops exist! You are really into it, aren't you?
And yeah, you are right, many shows take place in Frisco!

@Muggeline How old were you? My aunt told me that I should go to US when I am a little bit older, because she thinks its more useful if I am older!
Pfingsten = Pentecost

07.03.2005 20:58 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Pebbels
UTZ- Schüler

[meine Galerie]

yes..thought..sry

07.03.2005 21:01 Pebbels ist offline E-Mail an Pebbels senden Beiträge von Pebbels suchen Nehmen Sie Pebbels in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Ape Ape ist weiblich
DA- Schüler

[meine Galerie]

Zitat:
Original von Denkmal
Zitat:
Original von Pebbels

Sorry, I didn't get this sentence! What do you mean and do you mean thought?

@Ape I didn't know that Apple shops exist! You are really into it, aren't you?
And yeah, you are right, many shows take place in Frisco!

@Muggeline How old were you? My aunt told me that I should go to US when I am a little bit older, because she thinks its more useful if I am older!
Pfingsten = Pentecost

Yes, maybe I'm really into it...
Also my fave series Full House takes place there...
07.03.2005 21:07 Ape ist offline Beiträge von Ape suchen Nehmen Sie Ape in Ihre Freundesliste auf

muggeline muggeline ist weiblich
Supermoderatorin im Ruhestand^^

images/avatars/avatar-2362.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 31.542 Euro
Kontonummer: 229

Zitat:
Original von Pebbels
no, not days^^ 4 times, that meens, that I've been to America 4 times..when I was 5..8..10.and 11/12..I don't really know..I have to ask^^ we've been there for a month or 6 weeks..4 days are really too short^^

Yes, I got that. I meant to GB. But now, I checked, that I've muddled Tuesday and Thursday again. I'll never learn... Augen rollen : I thought, you just go to GB for 4 days, and this is not so long...

When I was in the US I was 9 years old. Now I'm fifteen.

07.03.2005 21:33 muggeline ist offline E-Mail an muggeline senden Beiträge von muggeline suchen Nehmen Sie muggeline in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Sir_MackenTire   Zeige Sir_MackenTire auf Karte Sir_MackenTire ist männlich
Admin und Auskunft ;)

images/avatars/avatar-11183.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 28.350 Euro
Kontonummer: 155
Herkunftsort: Magdeburg, Germany

Well, as I said I will take part in that group as well Augenzwinkern

SO I've neither been to America (not directly) nor to GB yet, but I was in Canada in .....let me think...... in 2000.
And I really loved it there, perhaps because we got to know the country and the people by Canadians themselves.
One year before we met 2 Canadians and they invited us to them (the English Part I have to add Augenzwinkern ) and it was really amazing there!

I was told that it was nearly the same in America (also because we were near the border to the States).

So, to come to the topic^^, I think it is a very nice atmosphere there. They are much more relaxed than the Europeans!
They are no workaholics (not to compare with the word "alcoholics" *gg*) and not as stressed as many Europeans or Germans are.
They often take the life like it is: A present and a chance!

So I really liked the country and the people (in Canada) and I'd really like to travel there again!

MCD/SMT

P.S.
I started a new thread with the topic "BE vs. AE" in regard to the language and the differences. I'd like you to think of that and please not to mix up the threads Augenzwinkern
Thank you and give your opinion!

+ + + Viele Menschen wissen, dass sie unglücklich sind. Aber noch mehr Menschen wissen nicht, dass sie glücklich sind. + + +

07.03.2005 21:33 Sir_MackenTire ist offline E-Mail an Sir_MackenTire senden Homepage von Sir_MackenTire Beiträge von Sir_MackenTire suchen Nehmen Sie Sir_MackenTire in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

Oh yeah, we totally forgot Canada!!

I have never been there too, but I hope I will get the chance, because my mum knows some people who live there!
In an episode of "South Park" they are talking about the "inferior" Canada. Why do the americans dislike Canda? (I think it's like this Germany-Austria-thing, isn't it?!)

07.03.2005 21:39 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

McGlitterHerz McGlitterHerz ist weiblich

images/avatars/avatar-1741.gif

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 17.254 Euro
Kontonummer: 658
Herkunftsort: Schwabenländle

I like America(Canada) more than GB, because in Canada lifes my godmother and her family. I have been already there, but this was in 1997. So I can't remember a lot. But I think GB is also a beautiful country.
If I had the chance to go to Canada, I would go, because the country is just bvery nice and the people also

I know my English is not very good. Nein, nein und nochmals nein!

*Richte dich nach den Sternen,*
*wenn du glaubst dich in der Dunkelheit*
*verlieren zu können.*

Stöcke und Steine können unsere Knochen zwar brechen, aber es sind Wörter, die unsere Herzen brechen.
(Robert Fulghum)

08.03.2005 17:07 McGlitterHerz ist offline E-Mail an McGlitterHerz senden Beiträge von McGlitterHerz suchen Nehmen Sie McGlitterHerz in Ihre Freundesliste auf

*^Freakishly Adorable^* *^Freakishly Adorable^* ist weiblich
Erstklässler

images/avatars/avatar-2254.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 3.920 Euro
Kontonummer: 191

Ok..... I've been to the States and to Canada... both beautiful countries.

I've been too Canada two times already because i've got my uncles and aunts and cousins there (Vancouver) I must say it's a very clean country and they also have a great landscape eg. wistler mountain (sorry i have no idea how the name's written)

Then The States. I've been there for a month and mad a little "tour". We (my parents and I) started in San Francisco went to Los Angeles, las Vegas, San Diego, Florida ....erm.....well yes i thinks that's it already.
And it really was great fun.

BUT i hav to say that i'm much more into England than into Canada and the US because.... I don't know althought I've never been to the UK I just love it. (that's why i want to move there lautes Lachen )
I know a lot of people in england (ok "a lot" of people) and they are great. And when i compare these guys with my uncles and aunts and the people in America.... well i just keep my mouth shut.

So in my opinion: ENGLANS RULZ!!!! Daumen hoch!!

Hope sees the invisible,
feels the intangible
and achieves the impossible!
08.03.2005 17:13 *^Freakishly Adorable^* ist offline E-Mail an *^Freakishly Adorable^* senden Beiträge von *^Freakishly Adorable^* suchen Nehmen Sie *^Freakishly Adorable^* in Ihre Freundesliste auf

[meine Galerie]

@McGlitterHerz Your English is good! The only thing is that you make this typical life-live-mistake:
life - das Leben: He spent his life in London
live - leben: He lives in England
lives - die Leben (Mehrzahl von life): They spent their lives in London.

@*^Freakishly Adorable^* Oh, thats interesting, because normally people are more into the country they have been to!

Does anyone of you study in GB, USA or Canada? Or want anyone to do so?

08.03.2005 17:22 Denkmal ist offline E-Mail an Denkmal senden Homepage von Denkmal Beiträge von Denkmal suchen Nehmen Sie Denkmal in Ihre Freundesliste auf

*^Freakishly Adorable^* *^Freakishly Adorable^* ist weiblich
Erstklässler

images/avatars/avatar-2254.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Guthaben: 3.920 Euro
Kontonummer: 191

Well I wanted to study acting in GB but ... I don't really know if i will because I'd be 22 and ...well I'd like to work at a a ge of 22 already so this will be a problem....
but maybe if i get work as an actress (it's NOT just a dream!!!!Augenzwinkern ) i may study acting... or while i'm working...

At least i already informed myself about universities in england lautes Lachen lautes Lachen lautes Lachen

Hope sees the invisible,
feels the intangible
and achieves the impossible!
08.03.2005 17:28 *^Freakishly Adorable^* ist offline E-Mail an *^Freakishly Adorable^* senden Beiträge von *^Freakishly Adorable^* suchen Nehmen Sie *^Freakishly Adorable^* in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Seiten (3): [1] 2 3 nächste » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
EWE · Foren » Lifestyle » Talk in English - The English Board » US vs GB

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH Style by MyGEN24.com